Thursday, October 13, 2011

New restaurants

We have been quite busy the last few weeks! Between our work and play, I’ve not had time for blogging. But I will try to make more time to say hello now and then!

Of course being so social has its benefits. Tim and I were able to knock out another one of my to-dos before the end of the year. We went to TWO new restaurants in the last few weeks.
The first was Yama Asian Fusion in South Charlotte. It’s a Japanese restaurant right near South Park Mall. We joined my brother and sister and their spouses for my brother’s birthday. Unfortunately for a “nicer” restaurant, it was not very impressive. I ordered hibachi chicken, which is a pretty standard dish at any Japanese restaurant. Sadly, the chicken came out dry and the rice was overcooked. Thank goodness for sriracha sauce. Tim also ordered some sushi that was pretty good, but nothing to brag about.

So… new restaurant numero 2 = not so great.

The next restaurant, which will count for a new restaurant in October, was Krazy Fish. It was a suggestion from the local NPR station, WFAE. A few weeks ago, they had a great show about the best old and new restaurants to try in the Charlotte area, and this was one of the least expensive options. So last Fridays, I made a date with a few girl and guy friends and we met up at this little Charlotte restaurant off Central to tacos and drinks. It was pretty good – and even a bit spicy. I love that they have a seafood focus, but with different ways to fix them. I just ordered fish tacos with a side of corn and they were great. I even had a few beers and my bill was still less than $10. It’s definitely a restaurant I think we’d try again soon – so yay!

Yama Asian Fusion photos from: http://www.yamaasianfusion.com/gallery.htm

Krazy Fish photos from: http://www.facebook.com/KrazyFishCharlotte and http://krazyfish.com/

No comments: