Thursday, June 21, 2012

A step back

Not a serious one, but we think Sebastian has maybe taken a step back in his recovery. Sigh.

Yesterday, we let Sebastian sleep in the dining room for a few hours at a time. He stayed there while Tim was catching up on work.

When I got home from work and after took him out for a quick walk, I put him back in the same space. Unfortunately, he stood up and walked around some because I was cooking in the kitchen. And we’re talking about a dog who likes sitting right outside the kitchen in the anticipation that he can get scraps or droppings as I cook.

I think both instances excited and exhausted him, and it’s pretty evident today. When I tried to get him up this morning for a walk, his spirits seemed down. He wasn’t even wagging his tail at the sight of me! Tim has also reported he doesn’t want to move much. Taking him on a short walk this morning was a struggle.

We were told he shouldn’t be moving a whole lot and maybe he moved around too much yesterday. Still hopeful for a speedy recovery…

No comments: