Friday, August 22, 2008

Dierk's Bently - yes, I'm in love

There is nothing better than a song that makes you tap your foot as I am doing right now to a song by Dierks Bentley. I’ve recently fallen in love with his music. I thought his other songs, like “Every Mile a Memory” and “Come A Little Closer” were OK but they didn’t wow me. I knew he had a big following though… It wasn’t until he released “Trying to Stop Your Leaving” that I FINALLY caught the buzz (what I’m listening to now actually).

The sad thing is, this song doesn’t even have very good lyrics (and I’m one to love a song just because of its lyrics). I just LOVE the music and how he sounds singing it though. My favorite part is when he sings, “But the river keeps a-running.” So crazy how a little part like that makes such a big deal to how much I like a song! The harmonies are really great in the chorus, the guitar in the bridge – simple plucking at first, and then it builds up – and the twang sound, maybe from a slide guitar, in the background. So great!

And because of this ONE song, I’ve warmed up to all his other hits and now I’m head over heels in love. Other favorites are “Sweet and Wild” which features the super talented, but not well known Sarah Buxton, “Come a Little Closer,” “Free And Easy (Down the Road I Go)” and “Settle for a Slowdown.” I know I’m just running through is greatest hits, but that’s the album I got, but hey, now I’m hooked. That’s all that matters, right?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The video for "Settle for a Slowdown" is sooo cool, esp. the part where he sings acoustically for a moment..!