Friday, August 15, 2008

I'm not gonna fight you on this one

I know that people always say that if you're love, you'd be willing to do anything for that person. As some songs say, I'd die for you. But in reality, is that really how you show you truly love someone? Some say that I'm so mean to my boy. I don't think that expressing my true opinions and feelings, and laying everything out on the line all the time is being mean. It's just my expression of honestly. And isn't that a key factor in the foundation of a relationship? I like to think that our relationship is ultimately a compromise, a way for us to complement each other in areas where else we might lack. He is passionate about important things and I'm passionate about the details of those important things. He's the ying and I'm the yang. Isn’t that what love is really about? Appreciating and loving someone for everything that they are?

Anyway, despite how one “loves” another, I bluntly told him last night that I would never fight another girl for him. It’s never doubted my mind that others have been interested in him, and in more ways that a friendship. And that is totally fine. It doesn’t bother me because ultimately, it’s his decision to stay with me. I don’t understand why love triangles exist. If someone doesn’t want to be with you, why do you want to be with them? Get over the physicality of it, because that’s usually the reason why. Someone else will come along who will be better and if not better, you make them better. That’s what truly loving someone is all about – making compromises and working together to make each other better people. I think that’s what made me fall for him and him for me. We make each other want to be better people in life, in our goals and what we expect and want out of everything we do.

Now I know that he would never cheat on me, but if he wanted the freedom to see other people or be with someone else, I’m not going to fight for him to see that I’m the better choice. I think that I lay everything out on the line and I give 110% every time. If he can’t see that, then he definitely doesn’t deserve me. And if you can’t give someone yourself wholeheartedly and 110% of the time, then you don’t need to be in the relationship. Don’t force yourself to love someone. That’s now how love happens or not even why it exists.

Maybe I am too strong mentally when it comes to relationships. Perhaps this is why I’m always “mean” or more aggressive… but I like to think that I’m in a point in my life where I am comfortable enough to not second guess who I am and who I want to be with. Anyway, that’s my blog entry for the week. Ugh, I will try to write more in the near future!!!

Short list of thoughts for the day…
1. I’m excited but also nervous to see Chloe today. I bet she’s bigger than Sebastian now.
2. My boss is awesome. I love my job!
3. I am getting Moulin Rouge back today. I haven’t had it in my possession in like 5 years! NO joke. And yes, it is my favorite movie!
4. Tropic Thunder, here I come… I think and hope.
5. OK OK, I keep denying to myself that I don’t like the Twilight series – which I am catching up on via audio books… But, I can’t seem to stop listening to them. Hoping to finish Eclipse this weekend.
6. Are people who read really smarter? Does listening to audio books count?

No comments: