Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My TV and the life that revolves around it

It’s been a while since I’ve written on my blog. I suppose this is because things have been kind of busy… And the thing is, it’s mostly TV and reading that have been keeping me busy. For a while there after I first moved out on my own, I debated what I wanted to fill my life doing. And now that I’ve completely fallen in love with TV, I’ve actually got a schedule going every week. Here is my TV viewing schedule for the fall, or as of this week anyway:

Mondays

  • 12:15 a.m. – Tim and Eric. OK so I have to admit I am DVRing this for the boy, but occasionally I will an episode or two.
  • 8 p.m. – Gossip Girl, Dancing with the Stars. So far, not impressed with Gossip Girl, and it’s actually kind of getting on my nerves. I’ll probably continue to watch this season but after the kids go to college, it always gets bad. Dancing with the Stars is unfortunately the show I put on the back burner to watch later. I can usually watch the 2-hour shows in an hour or less. That’s not saying a whole lot about the show itself.
  • 9 p.m. – Heroes – yes, I’m actually trying to give it a shot even though last season was such a disaster.
  • 11 p.m. – Daily Show
  • 11:30 p.m. – Colbert Report

Tuesday

  • 8 p.m. – 90210. Don’t ask why I am continuing to watch this show. It’s not very good.
  • 9 p.m. – Dancing with the Stars, Privileged. Again, Dancing is on the backburner because I absolutely LOVE Priviliged. It’s a fun, smart and cute show, and I absolutely love Joanna Garcia!
  • 10 p.m. – The Rachel Zoe Project. Why do I continue to care and watch this show about Rachel Zoe. I gotta be honest, I’ve heard her name but didn’t really know who she was until I started to watch this show. I hate her assistant, the blonde one, the one everyone will hate after watching the show.
  • 11 p.m. – Daily Show
  • 11:30 p.m. – Colbert Report
  • 11:40 p.m. – Gavin and Stacey. I absolutely love this show and love that the BBC repeats it at a later time because it’d be hard to catch otherwise!

Wednesday

  • 8 p.m. – America’s Next Top Model, Pushing Daisies. ANTM is sooo cheesy. While the show is an hour long, I wait until 9 p.m. to watch it because it will take me about 25 minutes to watch the whole show. I’ve never seen Pushing Daisies, but I’m DVRing until I can catch up on Season 1 on DVD, which I’m getting on my Netflix next!
  • 9 p.m. – Project Runway. I love love love Project Runway and hate that it’s taken me so long to get into the show.
  • 10 p.m. – Top Design. I’m learning to like this show but there are a lot of people on the show that honestly don’t deserve to be on it. If I had a budget like that, I could probably do just as well on some of those designs as others on the show.
  • 11 p.m. – Daily Show
  • 11:30 p.m. – Colbert Report

Thursday

  • 8 p.m – My Name Is Earl. So far, so good – off to a good season!
  • 9 p.m. – The Office, Kitchen Nightmares, but this week, it will be the VP debate. Last week’s office was so great, so I am sad it won’t be on this week. But I guess the VP debate will suffice. I am also looking forward to the return of 30 Rock, easily one of my all-time favorite shows on TV.
  • 11 p.m. – Daily Show
  • 11:30 p.m. – Colbert Report
  • Friday
  • 10 p.m. – The Soup, and Best Week Ever when it’s on. I don’t understand the schedule behind Best Week Ever. It’s on one week and off the next. What gives? I used to prefer Best Week Ever over the Soup, but now I’m definitely leaning toward The Soup more.
  • 11 p.m. – Daily Show
  • 11:30 p.m. – Colbert Report

Saturday

  • 9 p.m. – Chuck. I’m bummed that I have to DVR Chuck on a Saturday because it comes on the same time as Dancing with the Stars and Gossip Girl. Why can’t they just move Dancing with the Stars to a 9 p.m. time slot on Mondays? I hope that Gossip Girl starts airing on Sundays again soon though so I can record Chuck on Mondays. I think I’d rather watch Chuck than Gossip Girl. This week just didn’t have a repeat for Gossip Girl.
  • 11:30 p.m. – SNL. OK, I’ve DVRed this two weeks in a roll now and not watched it yet. Maybe I should stop DVRing in hopes that I will eventually watch it. Probably is not going to happen.

Sunday

  • 8 p.m. – The Simpsons
  • 8:30 p.m. – King of the Hill
  • 9 p.m. – Family Guy, I Love Money. Yes, it’s the finale to I Love Money. And yes, I know it’s an absolutely awful show full of scheming, manipulative losers… But it’s fun to watch when ironing and doing other household chores.
  • 9:30 p.m. – American Dad
  • 10 p.m. – Skins, Mad Men. These two have to be two of my favorite shows of the summer and fall. I can’t wait to see how both unfold.

Now that I’m looking back at it, I can’t believe I watch SO much TV! I honestly don't want to think about it! Yikes! Well, don’t worry. I mean I’m not only TV’d up. I’ve actually been getting a few books in. In fact, I just finished 3 books from the Philip Pullman “Golden Compass” series and I’m currently reading the third part to the “Twilight Saga.” And movies, the most recent one I saw was “Choke,” so I’m still getting those in too. Arg, can you believe this is my life? Good times!

3 comments:

CrystalTant said...

Thanks I'll have to try that bitter spray but he's getting better... it just only happens every once in a while but he likes things that aren't dirt cheap.. haha.. hope all is well.

meatcatafterdark said...

I love "30 Rock" so much. Nhia Vang, you inspired me to start a blog.

Stephanie said...

Nhia,
We've got several shows in common!