Sunday, September 7, 2008

Quick list

1. Thanks to today's pop culture, I think that a new stereotype for Asians has evolved - they can dance. Just look at America's Best Dance Crew, Dancing with the Stars, and So You Think You Can Dance.

2. I can watch a lot of bad TV and even I can't tolerate the MTV Music Awards pre-show. The VMAs were bad last year; will they be bad again this year?

3. I don't want to say that the VMA's are a reflection of today's youth, but I do think they are a reflection of what today's youth aspires to be. Arg.

4. I discovered that I had on-demand service this weekend... But I still don't think I'm missing out.

5. I think Netflix has steered me wrong in my recommendations. I love a good foreign film (and I believe I indicate that in my ratings), but I just endured 3 pretty painful French films. Maybe it's where I'm at in my life right now; I just don't understand or appreciate them. I can see why they were acclaimed - the music, the scenery, the simple nature of the films, etc., etc., but so far, not my type.

Write more later tonight or perhaps later! For now, I'm dipping into the red wine I've been eyeing on my wine rack for the last couple of days. Now that's restraint!

No comments: