Monday, November 21, 2011

25 things about me

I was just reading my friend Jen’s blog post about herself – which was inspired by another friend (Samantha)’s blog. SO I’m totally borrowing this and talking about me, me, me (as if I don’t on my blog all the time). So 25 random facts about me:

1. I enjoy folding grocery bags. I used to be really bad about not throwing away grocery bags. I’d just stick them in bigger bags. I used them for my bathroom and bedroom trashcans. And then I got a dog. I knew it was bad when I moved from Greensboro to Kannapolis because I had several large bags of bags. That’s when I started folding bags. I needed them to be easy to grab and tie around Sebastian’s retractable leash. Amazingly, we used all of the bags (thanks to my use of reusable, eco-friendly bags) and had to purposely get more while shopping. And I fold those bags now, too.

2. This is a fact – I think that was a ridiculously long explanation for why I fold grocery bags.

3. I really can’t cook. I pretend like I can, but I’m not inventive in the kitchen. I just follow directions well.

4. I do love to bake. I guess everyone already knows that.

5. I am so happy in my life. Right now. Just as it is.

6. I love surprising Tim with little things, like a pecan pie at the end of the day.

7. I watch too much TV.

8. I’ve never been to the West Coast. In fact, the farthest I’ve traveled West is to Kansas City.

9. I love beer. And wine. If I didn’t drink so much, I would lose weight a lot easier.

10. Children’s movies are my drug. After I had my gallbladder removed this summer, I went to stay with my parents for a week. I brought nothing but children’s movies for me to watch. And it was amazing.

11. I really watch the worst TV shows – ever.

12. I love men with curly hair. Seriously, Chris Martin might be my ultimate dream man – with his hair grown out. I wish my kids could have curly hair but that’s highly unlikely as I have straight black hair and the boy has pretty straight dirty blond hair.

13. I enjoy lots of kisses – from Tim and from Sebastian!

14. The worst kind of kiss is right after Tim smokes.

15. I dislike when Sebastian picks Tim over me.

16. I think I like the idea of being a mom, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to deliver as a good parent.

17. I am a pretty awesome pet owner. Sebastian is super spoiled – and for good reason!

18. I think I ask too many questions. Sometimes.

19. I like the idea of trivia, but I am the absolute worst person to have with you at a trivia competition.

20. I have watched The Simpsons almost every night before bed for seven years, and I still can’t name all the characters in the show, or remember story lines before the episode actually starts.

21. I haven’t been to the theaters since this summer. And I used to go see 1-2 movies every month, sometimes even in one week

22. I find it hard to spent more than $20 on any piece of clothing. Seriously, I am a bargain shopper.

23. I am a bargain shopper. I read lots of circulars every week.

24. I dislike when I have a broken nail. I really, really dislike it.

25. I found it really hard to write 25 things about me. It has actually been over a week since I started this list.

1 comment:

elizaforshiza said...

I think you will be an amazing mom. Hurry up so baby C can have a playmate!