Saturday, November 5, 2011

A farmer's market shopping trip

I’m excited to announce I’ve done another thing on my list of things to do before the end of the year! I finally went to the Kannapolis farmer's market!
Since this summer, I’ve been walking Sebastian through downtown Kannapolis. One day while we were passing the Antique Mall at Cannon Village (located at 104 S. Main St)., Sebastian freaked out and started barking at a statue of a lion on display outside the shop. The employee came out and we had a good laugh, and since then, we’ve said hello when we passed. We finally had a conversation this week, during which we talked about good food, good wines and all the changes in the city. He also mentioned that there was now a farmer’s market that met on Thursdays in downtown Kannapolis. Um, YAY for my list!

I found out that the hours were from 3-6 p.m., so I hurried home this Thursday so we could check it out. Here’s a picture of my purchases. I bought all the fresh ingredients I needed to make ratatouille and even some homemade blackberry jam for breakfast. I do plan on going back because there was a lady who was selling a rosemary plant, which will be a great addition to my herb garden.

Needless to say, I enjoyed the farmer’s market and I feel like it’s something I’ll be doing again soon. My sister says I should go to the one in Charlotte because the flowers there are amazing. I’ll definitely have to put that on the to-do list for an upcoming weekend!

No comments: