Monday, March 5, 2012

Thin Mint Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing

One of my surprises for the boy this weekend was cupcakes - thin mint chocolate cupcakes. Here's the recipe. Try it. So easy.

  • Buy thin mint Girl Scout cookies. If you don’t know any girl scouts selling cookies, use your smart phone cuz there’s an app for that. I used the Cookie locater app - for Androids or for IPhone users. It’s pretty cool – and was accurate. I found some Saturday evening at 5 p.m.! (And I kind of felt like a stalker afterwards.)


  • Crush one sleeve into your favorite batter of chocolate cake mix – or just chocolate box cake (which is what I did).


  • Bake for 15-17 minutes at 350 degrees.


  • Top with cream cheese icing – out of a can or make your own.
Want to try your own? Mix room temperature cream cheese (8 oz) and unsalted butter (6 tbsp). Add 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Then slowly add 1 cup of powder sugar (or less if you want it to be less sweet; I usually only add 3/4 cup).

Sprinkle cupcakes with more crushed cookies ~about 2-3.

Seriously. Delish.

No comments: