Thursday, February 28, 2013

First trip to New York Bride

First off, I LOVE New York Bride. They truly have a no pressure approach. You don't need an appointment to be seen and they have a huge selection of gowns - and perfect for a low budget. Their prices are seriously comparable to David's Bridal. My sister bought her wedding dress there - and they price matched her gown for one at Burlington Bridal Mart!

I visted with them twice, so thought I'd share several dresses I tried on. I don't have specific names/brands/costs for all of them because I think I tried on like 20-30 gowns there. LOL. Here are a few randoms!
Pretty boring, eh? And I have NO CURVES. LOL

This one was an experiment. The dress is such a great idea... but obviously, it doesn't work for me.

I seriously don't think this would look any better even if I was taller.

This is a dress I picked out for myself. I LOVE the idea of a laced top. But after this one, I definitely crossed that out. On our second trip to NY Bride, my mom tried to get me to try this one on again. Um, it was a disaster the first time!

Love the pockets though!

This one is SUPER sweet and SUPER romantic. My boobs look really weird.

Gotta say though, it was a very soft, very dreamy dress.

More to come soon, including a close runner up!

No comments: