Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Another day, another thought

I am quite proud of myself today. My life since moving into my own place has been quite boring, of course except on weekends. I come home from work, take my dog, cook dinner and then watch TV until bed. Yes, that’s me – 7:30 a.m. – 11 p.m. How sad right? As of lately, I have become OBSESSED with TV, mostly because I know how much it is costing me and because I have DVR. I DVR everything now, even at the same time as I’m watching the show. Anyways, I’m proud of myself because after watching “Kitchen Nightmares,” I decided I wanted to return to an old love – music. So I turned off my tele!

I came to my computer, turned on the “Mamma Mia” movie soundtrack and started dancing around the apartment. This led to singing, then dancing with Sebastian (yes, he danced with me because I don’t have another man in my life who will) and then vacuuming. As I write this, I am sitting in my room – deskless, exhausted, sweaty and yet, smelling like clean carpet. Can you believe that is what has made my night? I swear I need to live a more exciting life. But then again, we choose our own destinies right? I keep saying, one of these days… Ugh I just need to make the leap. Save up for a few years and then take a few weeks off and do things I want to do.

Go to San Francisco or Los Angeles. Hell, go to the West coast!

Live it up big in New York and/or Vegas.

I think I could only be so extravagant for a week or so. And not just because of the finances, but I think mentally, I have to be grounded. At the end of the day, that’s the kind of person I am. Just someone who is grounded and simple. I joke a lot that I’m a 40 year old person in a 20 year old’s body, and friends confirm this. Some say it’s because I’m wise, with which I have to disagree. I think it’s because I’m into things I shouldn’t be into yet – like having kids, yes my maternal clock feels like it’s just ticking away, having a home, etc. I mean, goodness – I’m not even 25 yet! Give me a break! Wait five more years! Haha. Well, for now I have Sebastian, and he’s quite a handful already.

There are so many other thoughts, but alas, it is beyond my bed time. Until I can gather all my thoughts, a list of my random thoughts will suffice for the evening…

  1. I’m annoyed that he only calls me when it’s convenient for him. What’s the saying? Don’t make him a priority when you’re only an option to him.
  2. I am sickly in love with Westlife.
  3. I don’t care what anyone says, I DO like the country version of “Home.” It features the kick ass Miranda Lambert.
  4. I think I am getting annoyed with my cell phone already. It’s only been a few months!
  5. It’s official, I’ll be in GSO for another year at least!
  6. Times have changed since I started blogging. A colleague told me yesterday that I should reserve my blog for more interesting things like cool videos and funny pictures. Hope readers will still enjoy my random meanderings anyway... But I'll try to find some cool videos eventually...

No comments: