Friday, July 18, 2008

Let it shatter the walls for a new, new sun... A new day has come

This is my first official entry since my last one nearly two years ago. Things have changed so much in my life, and for that, I’ve decided to delete all my previous entries. For one, I am no longer in college. Took 3 ½ years to finish up my degree in communication studies. And now I am young public relations professional – learning the trade, already in a second job.

Second, I’m no longer in a floundering relationship. I had always been on the brink of a break up going into college and even during it. My assumption was that it was the person I was seeing at the time. I’ve come to realize that a lot of those problems stemmed from my own insecurity. Now I’m fatter and even less attractive than I have ever been, but feel more secure and confident in who I am and how I look than ever. I’ve had my ups and downs – as life will have it – and I’m sure I will continue to have those, but for the most part, I am content with my life. I believe a large part of what I was going through when I was in college was just because I felt I needed to be overly dramatic, and boy, did the drama follow. But the tides have changed. I’m no longer a young adult, and feel I have truly moved into the adult phase of my life.

Third, I have responsibilities now. And I don’t mean the responsibility of nagging my boyfriend to spend time with me or the responsibility of going to class on time. I have a small apartment and another life that depends on me. I think we all have a need to feel needed or responsible. My dog satisfies that for me. He is everything I could’ve ever hoped for and completes my life in a way that I didn’t know he could. And I actually pay all my bills now – rent, electricity, water, cable and more.

Well, what’s to come? It’ll be documented here in my very own, revamped online journal. Hopefully it won’t be allllllllllll about my dog, as some have speculated… Thanks for visiting and I hope you’ll come again.

No comments: