Thursday, August 4, 2011

Best dad ever

Seriously, my dad is pretty much the most amazing person ever. Without me even asking, he brought dirt for my garden this week. I have a container garden that is about 2-3 inches into the ground, and then 9-10 inches above it. I did this because the area is sloped. Overall, I think it looks good and would be usable – if we could fill it with good garden dirt (if you dig too far down, you hit clay dirt – which is very common in this area).

The boy and I had been trying to decide what our best option would be for dirt and trying to figure out how much that would cost. Well, my dad just saved us a ton of money – and my garden is ready for plants! We put in my two basil plants and my dad is bringing me green onion (and hopefully mint!) this weekend. I am excited to go buy other plants, including Thai basil, for my garden.

And as a side note, my dad told me I was pretty much crazy for trying to grow cilantro right now. He said it was too hot.

My disgusting feet after we finished gardening. Can you tell where my shoes/socks stopped and my legs started? LOL

Other random thoughts for the day...

I can’t decide what to make for dinner. Pasta or chicken? Asian or Mexican? I really want to try a tomato basil soup, but it’s too hot.

I desperately need to start working out again. We’ve been getting up a lot later, mostly because I’ve been sick or because of other things that have been going on that are exhausting (like we bought and put up curtains yesterday). We did walk up to the Gem Theater in Kannapolis today. Maybe we can get one in this afternoon, too!

I feel like I’m always interviewing. After one yesterday, my eye got really infected and my nose bled for about 20 minutes. The best part about my nose bleed was that it was while Tim and I were trying to have lunch. I sat in the bathroom for about 10 minutes before I decided I should try to drive home – with a bloody nose and one eye down. Ugh, I hope something great comes out of that one! LOL

I have been debating what theme we should use for the boy’s birthday party – Harry Potter or a 90s theme… I do have to say, I have a pretty cool menu for the Harry Potter party. I guess invites will go out soon!

Alright, Sebastian and I are now off to a super secret mission! I feel horrible because we always leave him at home. At least now, he can ride around with me in the car. Yay!

No comments: