Monday, August 29, 2011

Busy August

The last few weeks have been incredibly busy for me. We celebrated the boy’s birthday, he went back to work and he also had surgery. And I’ve been on the receiving end of all of that.

I prepped for his Harry Potter-themed birthday party. I attempted to create a version of the Book of Monsters from Harry Potter.

I've also handled household chores while he was at work and am currently nursing him.

On top of this, I baked more than 40 cupcakes for a bachelorette party this weekend.

I am also beginning to prepare the house for out of town guests coming for my sister’s wedding.

Whew!

My to-do lists only grows longer this week, so I finally took the time to write out some of things I HAVE to do this week.

  • Decide on a groom’s cake that I’m going to bake for my brother-in-law
  • Pick up and hope my bridesmaid dress fits
  • Buy home essentials that I’ve been NEEDING to buy – like paper towels
  • Get a great cake carrier – I had a great one from Martha Stewart but after this weekend, I’ve realized I need one that carries more than 24 cupcakes.
  • Get cost estimates for our home office, especially a file cabinet
  • Check out options for a liquor cabinet
  • Find an inexpensive bookshelf for my serveware. This is my solution to having too many pieces!
Here's to a good week!

No comments: