Thursday, August 18, 2011

Summer List Update

Here is an update on my summer list.

Make fresh pasta.
  • I need to go buy a pasta machine. A cheap one - and probably not a great one - costs about $30. It's worth a try, right? This one might be put on hold until further notice. The ideal situation would be for me to get a KitchenAid stand mixer and get attachments to make pasta. But that could be years down the road!
Make a REALLY pretty cupcake.
  • I did get really close to this with the cupcakes I made for my sister's bachelorette party. I made red velvet cupcakes with pink cream cheese icing, topped with white whipped icing piping. I don't have pictures though! If I get some, I'll post them!
Try a recipe with an ingredient I’ve never used.
  • I've used parsley this summer for the first time. I don't think I'm a fan. I also cooked with shallots - and they were incredible. I still want to try something a little more difficult though. Maybe a root here or there. I don't know. We'll see!
Use the steamer my mother bought me.
  • Nope. I think I'm going to cook fish with this, but I haven't decided when yet.
Go out dancing in a fabulous outfit.
  • I've gone out dancing twice already! But not in a fabulous outfit. I think I will just go ahead and say I can mark this one off though. Don't think fabulous and dancing will ever work out. I don't think I can stand wearing 4 to 6 inch heels that long!
Use the backyard for something – anything!
  • I finally treated the backyard for mosquitos so we need to do something ASAP. Ugh. Maybe I'll go out there and read tomorrow or this weekend...
Find a new recipe to make a chocolate cake from scratch. The last one I made was just OK.
  • Nope, not yet.

No comments: