Thursday, August 18, 2011

The end of summer is near

Here are some random thoughts of the night...

  • The end of summer is near. I can feel it. The boy, as well as many of my teacher friends, start back to school next week. Even the weather is cooler these days. Bring it on!
  • I need ideas STAT! for a Harry Potter birthday cake. Ugh! I don’t want to make a castle, dye icing 8 times or even just make a stack of books. It needs to be fun and unique – but most importantly, good!
  • It’s been a great few weeks. I can almost feel myself getting a job… soon!
  • My skirts, especially those I wear to work, look ridiculous on me. I have lost about 15 pounds since my surgery, which means I’ve dropped a whole size in pant/skirt bottoms. I am debating whether to get work skirts cut and altered to fit my current body, or if I really think I will gain back the weight to fit the skirts. It is my hope that I would keep the weight off, but then again, it will cost a lot to get about 8-10 skirts fitted to my body.
  • I feel a big battle brewing in our household. I started drafting this blog post at 2:30 a.m. – and the only reason why I’m up is because I desperately need to clear out my DVR. The worst thing is that it’s just summer. My fall show schedule is much more intense than what I am watching now in the summer.
  • In other TV news, I am so in love with Bravo’s Rocco’s Dinner Party. And of course, I discovered it at the end of the season! I am currently watching last week’s finale, but will be DVRing other episodes since Bravo re-runs all of its shows a million times over. So great!
  • I do love that Tim has spent a lot of time home this week… BUT I feel like I haven’t been able to get as much done as I usually do. I really wanted to clean and clear out the DVR at the same time, but Tim has been playing Tetris in his “free” time. And not to mention, he wants to go run errands with me… which usually means, we have to do some stuff he wants to do, too. I can knock out visiting 4-5 stores in just under two hours. With Tim, we are lucky if we make two stops in two hours. Not entirely his fault… but just saying!
  • It’s been a horrible summer of health in our family! Ugh. It’s just the start of our lives right?

No comments: