Thursday, July 14, 2011

A day in the life

When I woke up Wednesday, I didn’t know what time my surgery would actually be (I was told I’d have to call later that day). My plan was to get up early so I could do items on my to-do list - for the day and for the week. As you may recall, it was an ambitious list. Unfortunately - and well, fortunately, the boy let me sleep in until I couldn’t anymore - which was until around 9:30. So, this post is for the boy who didn’t believe that I had a long list of things to do and to prove to him that I get lots done during the day!

10 a.m. – Walked the dog. Then ate a late breakfast (just a piece of toast).

11:30 a.m. – Made and ate lunch with the boy.

12 p.m. – Sorted all of our laundry and began the first of three loads. Then dug out all of the DVDs so I could watch TV, sort and organize the DVDs, while I cleared out my DVR. Started watching the USA vs. France Women’s World Cup soccer game.

1:30 p.m. – Watched episode 9 of Game of Thrones.

2:30 p.m. – Ran to the dry cleaners to have three alterations done. Finished two loads of laundry and started the third load. Then called the hospital surgery center to get a confirmation on my surgery time tomorrow.

3 p.m. – Started watching Game of Throne season finale and finished alphabetizing the DVDs.

4 p.m. – Started watching the Japan vs. Sweden Women’s World Cup soccer game and finished alphabetizing the DVDs.

4:45 p.m. – Went to Harris Teeter to buy ingredients for dinner. Then drove to Rite-Aid to buy Hibiclens, an antiseptic antimicrobial skin cleanser, for the evening and morning shower.

5:45 p.m. – Called mom to update her on my surgery. Walked Sebastian. Called Cathy to update her on my surgery. Then enjoyed a wonderful phone call from my great friend Stephanie.

7 p.m. – Put the organized DVDs onto the bookshelf. Realized the DVDs would not fit onto one shelf and rearranged the living room furniture so I could put another bookshelf into our reading room. I then placed all the DVDs onto that shelf.

7:30 p.m. – Put together ideas for meals for the boy over the next couple of days when I’m gone, while making a batch of sweet tea. Then started making dinner - crab cakes with a tomato and corn marinade.

9:30 p.m. – Welcomed the boy home with dinner. Put tomorrow’s dinner in the oven.

10 p.m. – Folded and put up all the laundry with the boy. Finished cleaning the kitchen and put dinner for Friday in the oven. Also labeled meals, heating directions and other relevant information for each meal.

11:30 p.m. – Finished labeling all of Tim’s meals for the next few days and took a shower.

12 p.m. – Finally having time for me!

So what’s left? I still have to clear out the DVR, work on my garden and new website, and pack for the weekend at my parent’s house for recovery. I have some time in the morning though, so here’s to hoping I can check a few more items off my list!

No comments: