Saturday, July 23, 2011

Been laying around

After about a week of being at my parent’s house for recovery from my surgery, I was ready to be home in Kannapolis. Who knew my parents were so busy during the day and evenings? I saw my mom in the morning, my dad maybe once or twice during the day and then sometimes both of them for dinner at night. My aunt passed away a few weeks ago, so I know they were busy helping my cousins prepare for that. But I don’t know if that explains why they were always gone! I have to say though, it was nice being home and not having anything to do. The worst part was just running out of things to do – and feeling like I was on a routine of doing nothing. I would wake up, eat, watch a movie or read, take my medicine, sleep and repeat.

In total, I watched seven movies and read three books within four days (the first day at my parents, I just slept because I was drugged up on pain meds).

So needless to say, I was excited to be home so I could be a little more physically active and just be in my own space. I was a lot more active than I think I was supposed to be. The last few days, I’ve been so exhausted from errands, cooking, cleaning and well, just being me! I know I should rest more so my body will heal better, so that will be a big focus next week.

Well, here’s to starting off the weekend, though I have to say I think my weekend started on Thursday. We had our THIRD dinner guest :-) over, which was wonderful. And yesterday, we met one of the boy’s best friends and a high school friend for dinner. Today, we will be with my family for my aunt’s service, and tomorrow will be her burial. Lots going on for sure. Hopefully I’ll be able to sneak in a few naps over the next few days!

No comments: