Thursday, July 7, 2011

Three thoughts

One/

How is it that I JUST discovered Cupcake Wars? I decided to record a few episodes this week and so far, I’m obsessed. It has taken me two episodes to get used to the format, because unlike other cooking competition shows I watch (like Top Chef, Hell’s Kitchen, etc), the competitors change each episode. It’s truly inspiring to see how chefs have infused unusual flavors into their cakes! I hope I’ll get to bake again soon because I’d love to try some of the things these people are doing.

Two/

I am definitely more productive when I have a list. On my list of things to do this week, I have already accomplished the following:

  • Go through our CD collections and organize them.
  • Find “Water for Elephants” so I can re-read it. (I’m already 1/4 through the book!)
  • Take Sebastian on longer walks. (We took another 2-mile walk this morning.)
  • Get HBO. (Done and done. I’ve even already set the DVR for several movies I want to watch.)

Three/

I really have the best friends in the world. Thanks for everyone who has reached out to me about my health. I am doing fine – and not feeling any pain. Hopefully I’ll be able to schedule a quick surgery and be on my way back to my normal health any day now. Today, Michael and Liz stopped by to take me to lunch. It was nice to get out of the house and do something, including getting to spend more time with baby Connor. Now, I’ve got to figure out what I’m going to do the rest of the day!

No comments: