Sunday, July 10, 2011

Just a list of thoughts for today

1. Tim bought a hammock stand today. Just another great place where either one of us can get away with our thoughts or to do things like relax and read. He doesn’t know if he’ll keep it yet, mostly because the bugs in our backyard are ridiculous! But who knows, we’ll see in time!

2. It really pays to stick to my diet! I had pho for lunch yesterday – beef broth with rice noodles. And I was dying all day and I still feel some of it today. It’s mostly been heartburn, but nothing that has been too unbearable. I did make turkey burgers for dinner yesterday and they were delicious. I made them on the stove. I sandwiched the meat between two pieces of white bread, lettuce and tomato, and I used condiments!

3. We have some grass!

4. And we have more weeds.

5. The boy and I have been monitoring our bird neighbors. It seems they’ve been away for quite some time, so it’s our assumptions that we missed flight day. We will miss Minerva, Earl and their babies. Now there's just an empty nest in our porch.

6. Go USA! Go USA! I watched the USA women’s soccer team play a tough game against Brazil today for the World Cup semi-finals. What an exciting game – the most exciting Women’s World Cup game I’ve seen this weekend. Can’t wait for the next game!

7. Look at this face. My favorite reason to get up each day.

Hope everyone else is having a great Sunday!

No comments: