Saturday, July 9, 2011

The evolution of Sebastian's dog bowls

There is no denying the fact that Sebastian is the most spoiled dog ever. However, this fact became even more evident when the boy and I began to move in together. I’ve had Sebastian for three years now and it’s true, he’s the love of my life. The boy and I have equally shared the responsibility of spoiling the dog as much as we can – dinner table scraps, extra long walks, so many treats we’ve lost track of them all and a whole lot more. He even has his own bedroom with three actual dog beds and a pillow-turned-bed. This specific post is dedicated to the evolution of Sebastian’s dog food bowls and how even though he has had a perfectly good dog bowl set, we’ve continued to buy him more!

Now there is reasoning behind the fact that his dog bowls have changed, but it all points to the fact that we were simply spoiling the dog. LOL

When we first got Sebastian, I bought a cheap dog food set – one of those plastic sets where both bowls are melted together. The boy recently tried me to throw away this one, but I insisted it could become our traveling set since it’s just one piece. For now, it’s tucked away in Sebastian’s bedroom of junk.

A year later, I insisted the boy get his “son” a birthday gift. I always get Sebastian a gift and bake him homemade treats. Despite the boy’s objections to us celebrating the birthday of a dog, he did buy Sebastian a gift – two silver bowls set in a wooden tray for food and water. And this set sat up a lot higher. The boy said that since our dog liked to sit while eating, it would be easier for him to reach the food. Right…

After months of being jealous of the nice set at the boy’s apartment, I started scoping out for one that would beat it and make it “easier” for the dog to eat. I found a bargain on a beautiful set - two ceramic bowls sitting even higher up on sturdy wire frame.


And now that we’ve moved in together, all three sets have continued to play a role in the dog's life. We have the traveling set, as I mentioned before. The wooden set stays in Sebastian’s room for the times he might wander into that room for naps or treats. And the nicest, sturdiest, tallest set moves around the entire house depending on where the dog is sleeping for the day.

And that, my friend, is the sad evolution of Sebastian’s dog bowls!

Please take note – this post is about Sebastian’s dog food bowls. Clearly, I am bored and need a life. LOL

No comments: