Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fall TV started this week!

This week marked the return of my fall TV shows. Over the last few weeks, the boy has probably been wondering what I mean when I talk about my “fall shows.” Since I haven’t posted in a while, I thought this might be a great topic to talk about. Over the next few days, I’ll be posting some of the shows I’m looking forward to as the TV networks roll out their best and brightest primetime shows.

It would have been more ideal for me to have posted this yesterday because my first show started then, but I will go with it and start with today. And keep in mind, these shows are in addition to me and the boy having SEPARATE Netflix accounts. By the time I’m done, you’ll wonder how I have time for anything else!

Here are my Wednesday shows.

8 p.m.
FOX, *The X Factor, starts Sept. 21
I gotta be honest, I miss Simon Cowell. Idol just wasn’t the same without him. I even stopped watching Idol, and I used to be an avid fan!

But I don’t miss Paula Abdul. It will be interesting to see the two back together. I really have high hopes for this show because some of my favorite artists have come from the British hit, including Leona Lewis and Alexandra Burke.

9 p.m.
CW, America’s Next Top Model, starts tonight
This season of ANTM will feature 14 past contestants. Lots of familiar faces, attitudes, and of course, drama! Let the smizing begin!

ABC, Modern Family, starts Sept. 21
I actually watch the ads for this show. That’s how excited I am about it coming back to primetime. But how will I fit it in if X Factor continues on its 2-hour block and with ANTM clocking in at 9? Thank goodness for cable on two TVs in our house!

10 p.m., moves to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 21
NBC, *Up All Night, starts tonight
I love Will Arnett (or maybe I just miss Gob Bluth). This new show also stars Christina Applegate and one of my favorite SNL cast members, Maya Rudolph. So far, it’s looking good!

BRAVO, Top Chef – Just Desserts, ongoing
This show actually started a few weeks ago, but I know it will roll into the fall season. As a beginner baker, this show simply amazes me. It definitely makes me want to be a better cook and baker – even if I can’t name half of the items the contestants are making.

10:30 p.m., moves to 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 21
NBC, *Free Agents, starts tonight.
I just found out this is based on a British show, which in itself is a good sign. Hello, just look at the Office. Throw in Hank Azaria (love him thanks to the Simpsons) and Kathryn Hahn. Could it be that bad? On a side note (and to be mentioned in an upcoming post), the British version will be coming to America this fall as well.

These three are Monday through Thursday staples. ‘Nuff said!
11 p.m.
TBS, Conan
Comedy Central, The Daily Show

11:30 p.m.
Comedy Central, The Colbert Report

*new show

No comments: