Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gavin vs. Matt vs. Mat

I’m always looking for new music to listen to. Surprisingly, there have been a few CDs I want to buy. It seems so retro to me, especially now that most people just get MP3s, including me. But I still like the feel of having the CD and putting it into my car. I’ve been debating which of these CDs to buy:

Gavin DeGraw - “Sweeter”

Gavin’s voice use to annoy me – it’s so different. I got his last CD, and really enjoyed it. I just heard his new song, “Not Over You” and I’m obsessed with it! It’s also available on Amazon MP3 for a limited time for $3.99. That seems like the logical thing to do, but I like having the actual CD, too! Could always burn it…

Matt Nathanson – “Modern Love”
I love, love, love Matt Nathanson. I first heard him when I became obsessed with the TV show, “Scrubs.” I’ve been a huge fan since. I have loved nearly every song on every one of his CDs. Surely, this can’t be a bad buy, right?

Mat Kearney – “Young Love”
I did not like Mat Kearney for the longest time. Almost everyone else I knew loved him. I just didn’t get it. It wasn’t until I heard “Where We Gonna Go From Here” that it finally clicked. I also loved his next album, “City of Black and White.” And being of fan of Mat only escalated this summer because I saw him in concert – AND met him! It was also during that show that he announced that he was even releasing a new album. So, no pressure.
These three guys have a similar sound, and if there were truly a singer-songwriter genre, all three would fit perfectly into that. I’m sure I’ll have them all at one point, but which one to get first?

No comments: