Tuesday, September 20, 2011

For the rest of the year

I know I didn’t get to finish my list of things I want to do this summer, so I’m going to expand the list and say they are things I want to do before the end of the YEAR!

Actually, I’m going to change and add things as well. I really do like trying new things, so I’m going to try much harder. Not that I didn’t try harder before. I was actually really busy this summer! It was ambitious for me to try to do them all in just two months.

Also, the boy surprised me by getting me a KitchenAid mixer. In a previous post, I said my ideal situation for making fresh pasta would be to have this mixer and its attachments. Now all I need are those attachments that cost anywhere between $150 – 200. So that will come another day.

Side note: Even though I have this awesome mixer, I’m kind of tired of baking. Isn’t that horrible? It’s just that when I bake something, it takes the boy and me at least two weeks to finish it.

So, here is the new list!

Use the steamer my mother bought me.
I still really want to do this. I just don’t know what to make yet. I’m thinking some kind of fish.

Use the backyard for something – anything!
A picnic? To read? The opportunities are endless! And we have a hammock. What am I waiting for?

Make a chocolate cake from scratch.

Make a new icing.
My best icing is my cream cheese, but I’ve not had any luck with any others.

Make paella.
I love paella. And now I’m going to attempt this monster of a dish.

Use lobster.
I love seafood and have loved everything with lobster in it. So I want to try it at home.

Try a new restaurant every month.
This one is going to be so easy because I love going out to eat at new places!

Shop at the farmer’s market.

Pay off all of our (the boy and I) medical bills.
I didn’t have health insurance during my gallbladder surgery, but my new job pays well. Let’s see if I can’t knock this out fast!

Give back to the arts.
This could mean go to a show, a gallery crawl or watch dancing. But I want to pay to do this.

Lose five more pounds.
Since my surgery, I have lost 10 pounds. I'm going to aim to keep those off and lose five more. It would be awesome if I lost more than that, but you know, I'll keep expectations low... for now.

Wish me luck!

No comments: